9-Day Camping Experience in
October 28 – November 6, 2022
710 KD (Shared Room) – 810 KD (Private Room)
COME AND DISCONNECT WITH US IN THE HIMALAYAS
‘NEPAL CAMPING EXPERIENCE’
October 28 – November 6, 2022
Entering this camping trek will be like entering a magical world of massive Himalayan peaks, friendly villages, cloud forests and vast terraced fields.
During this experience, we will trek the Sikles Route, which glances over at the Annapurna Range and the famous ‘fishtail’ mountain. Each day will feel like a completely different scene, walking through alive, lush forests towards our campsites. Our camps will be remote and immersed in nature, with the most mind-blowing views when you wake up in the morning.
Apart from the trek, we will have activities at the campsite for every mood. Such as art, self-exploration, music jams, deep talks around the bonfire, journaling, cacao ceremonies, and games. And let’s not forget about our wonderful Nepali guides and cooks; they’ll greet us at camp and support us when needed, with a sweet smile on their face. We will also witness the warmth, love and genuine hospitality of the Himalayan villages.
Join us on this unforgettable camping experience in the heart of Himalayas.
(Kathmandu, Pokhara, Sikles)
Oct. 28 – Nov. 8, 2022
WHAT WE WILL DO:
Accommodation for two nights in a 4-star hotel in Kathmandu.
Accommodation for two nights in a 5-star hotel in Pokhara.
Camping for five nights in the Himalayas.
Most meals are included, which are fresh, organic, and made with care.
Airline tickets from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
All transportation during the experience.
Price of the experience:
Shared: 710 KD
Private: 810 KD
Who is this trip for?
– Anyone who wants to be around nature.
– Camping lovers and adventurous souls.
– This is not an extreme hike, it’s a chill camping experience in the Himalayas.
The Nepal experience is one our classic destinations, frequently traveling there since 2015. Every time we come back to this magical land, it never fails to show us something new or teach us a life lesson.
In Kathmandu, you will have the opportunity to experience the hustle and bustle of Thamel district. Walking through the organized chaos, you will find hidden gems of art, music and handmade textiles.
Flying to Pokhara will be the complete opposite, with views that stretch as far as the eye can see. The mountains are alive in a different way; it holds a deep silence and spirituality. You will enter a world of lush green forests, alpine meadows and tiny villages spread out amidst the beauty.
This experience is not a touristic trip, it’s a transformational experience that you will never forget. The mountains may be unpredictable at times, so it brings out powers in us that we didn’t know existed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During our camping experience, there will be a big team of international and local guides, porters, chefs and helpers. The team will guide you safely through the mountains. All physical levels are welcome to join the experience.
28th October, 2022:
- Arrive to Kathmandu Airport
- Pick up from the airport on arrival
- Tour around Kathmandu
- Overnight at our hotel, Fairfield by Marriott in Thamel.
29th October, 2022:
- Fly to Pokhara
- Explore Pokhara and prepare for the mountains
- Watch the sunset at Phewa Lake
- Overnight at our hotel in Pokhara.
30th October, 2022:
- 1 hour scenic drive out of Pokhara to Chasu, where we will start our hike.
- We will start by crossing a massive footbridge over the Modi river, passing through little villages along the way with magical views of the Himalayan mountains, and Modi valley.
- Continuing to gain altitude gradually, we will reach the Gurung village of Tangting.
- We will initially follow a wide off-road trail, which then turns in to a stone step trail, leading us to the top of the hill.
- In Tangting, the campsite awaits. We will spend the rest of the day exploring this charming village, or simply kicking back and admiring the mountain views.
- Dinner, activities, music and bonfire.
31st October, 2022:
- After breakfast, we will leave Tangting and descend all the way down to the river.
- From there, we have to climb up to the top of another hill. This steep stone staircase will test our fitness, as we trek past green terraced fields to Sikles.
- Sikles is a true embodiment of raw beauty. Imagine camping with views of the giant mountains: Annapurnas- Annapurna IV (7,525m), Annapurna II (7,937m) and Lamjung Himal.
- We will set our camp above the village for two nights.
- Halloween night! Letting go in self-expression with art and music around the bonfire.
1st November, 2022:
- We will start the day with meditation and a gentle yoga session.
- Spend the day wandering around the village, getting to know the culture and people of Nepal.
- Enjoy the bliss of a cacao ceremony, then play some local games with our Nepalese friends.
- We will organize different activities depending on the group’s mood.
- Overnight in our Sikles camp.
2nd November, 2022:
- After yoga and breakfast, we will have time for a last look around; followed by an early lunch, then pack our dinner and set off for a climb up to Tara Hill.
- We walk gradually uphill through some forests until we reach the top, where we will camp for the night to witness the sunrise, a stunning wide mountain panorama.
- The natural surroundings and unbelievable beauty will make up for the fact that there are no facilities here, just camping. In this kind of beauty, only the simple things matter anyways.
3rd November, 2022:
- After an early rise, we will witness a beautiful mountain panorama with the sunrise.
- After breakfast, we begin walking downhill all the way to the next village on the other side of the hill; we will walk mostly through thick forests. Then, spend the night in Ghalekharka in a basic teahouse/homestay.
- This will be our last night in the mountains.
4th November, 2022:
- This is the last day of being immersed in nature. So, we will take it easy and enjoy every minute before heading back to the city.
- After yoga and breakfast, we go on a short 2hr trek to the road, where we will get our bus back to Pokhara.
- Dinner out in town.
- Overnight in Pokhara.
5th November, 2022:
- Fly back to Kathmandu
- Cacao Ceremony
- Closing circle & Farewell dinner.
6th November, 2022:
- Fly back home
Accommodation for two nights in a 4-star hotel in Kathmandu
Accommodation for two nights in a 5-star hotel in Pokhara
All-inclusive 5-night camping experience in the Himalayas
Most meals are included, which are fresh, organic, and made with care
Airline tickets from Kathmandu to Pokhara
All transportation during the experience
Activities including art sessions, yoga, meditation, cacao ceremonies, etc.
A group of supportive, loving guides that will be there for you through thick and thin
Visa-on-arrival has been resumed as usual, as it was before the pandemic; which means that holders of passports of those countries will be eligible for visa-on-arrival. If your country is listed for the requirement of visa before arriving in Nepal, you should arrange for a visa before entering Nepal (Please visit https://www.immigration.gov.np/ for more information).
All Travelers have the option to either present their full COVID-19 vaccination certificate, or a negative PCR test , taken up to 72 hours before the flight.
Do you have a question?
Book a discovery call or send us an email on Info@oxadventure.com!