January 16th – 28th, 2022
740 KD Shared – 940 KD Private (Limited Spots)
THE OX GUATEMALA EXPERIENCE
‘Remembering our Essence’
January 16th – 28th, 2022
The Guatemala experience is meant for us to retreat, open the heart to new experiences, and free the mind to expand it. We will experience the ancient Mayan culture with fire and cacao ceremonies, and learn holistic life skills from the Lake Atitlan Community; like alchemy, permaculture, mushroom cultivation and herbal remedies. We will spend the last part of the trip in Antigua, exploring its unique colonial town, and camping on one of the most active volcanos in the world. The theme of this trip in three words are: water, fire, and cacao.
(Lake Atitlan, Antigua, Volcano Acatenango)
January 16th – 28th, 2022
WHAT WE WILL LEARN:
Sound & Vibration Therapy
Accommodation for six nights at the Yoga Forest in San Marcos, Lake Atitlan.
Accommodation for four nights in Antigua.
Camping for one night on Volcano Acatenango.
3 special Cacao Ceremonies to open the heart.
Classes, workshops, adventures everyday.
Access to Co-working spaces and fast internet.
Most meals are included, which are fresh, organic, and made with care.
Land and boat transportation during the experience.
Price of the experience:
Shared: 740 Kuwaiti Dinar – 2450 US Dollars
Private: 940 Kuwaiti Dinar – 3125 US Dollar
This experience is eligible for scholarship, to know more about this,
Who is this trip for?
– A call to retreat & recharge
– Interested in experiencing the Mayan Culture and offerings of Guatemala
– Wanting a pause from the Corona madness
– A need to let go and simply be
Why you should do it?
Do you want to make a change in your life? Whether big or small? Do you want to see life from different perspectives? Do you want to make this world a better place for you and our future generations? Do you believe in the power of a community? Can you let your guard down to allow love in? If the answers to these questions are yes, then YES this experience is definitely for you.
If you join our trips, you are a part of our community. We will care for you unconditionally, and support you with your passions. We do what we do because we believe in you.
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
We believe each person is in need of a change sometimes. A break from the routine to check in with what’s going on within. Reconnecting with the self and recharging is the best thing we could do for ourselves. Having a time to simply be, will allow us go back to the world re-energized.
Us as Ox Adventure did this for a longer time than expected, and trust us when we say IT’S WORTH IT. Time is our creation. We can make time, and by giving time to ourselves, time will be on our side.
This is an experience for you to take a pause from the corona madness, retreat to an exotic place, and be embraced by people who will lift your spirit.
‘Remembering our Essence’ means exactly that. We all have the same nature, that’s why we seek peace, seek happiness, seek love. And we all have unique, intrinsic qualities that make us who we are. Remembering our essence for 12 days will pump us up with so much internally that we will go back home full. Full of experiences that we will be able to share with everyone around us.
We are constantly told who we are or what we do by others. Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing, but they’re still external opinions. We want you to kick back, and be anything you want to be during this experience.
WHAT WE WILL DO
The Guatemala experience is unlike any other Ox Adventure experience. You will be around a line-up of passionate, wellness experts that want to share knowledge and uplift the community. They don’t believe that human beings are individualistic, but we act as a whole. They believe that the world will change when we change ourselves.
First we will experience the element water in Lake Atitlan, the deepest lake in Central America, which is a massive volcanic crater. Just take a moment to visualize that. The Los Chocoyos eruption happened millions of years ago and created amazing surrounding inactive volcanoes around the lake. Entering Lake Atitlan is like entering another world. We will experience the Mayan culture through cacao ceremonies and a fire ceremony; as well as seeing all the beautiful, friendly locals selling their textiles and weaving in town. We will do lots of activities, workshops, field trips and adventures.
Then, we will have the chance to explore and live in Antigua, a town of Spanish colonial buildings that have been restored following a 1773 earthquake; which ended Antigua’s 200-year reign as Guatemala’s capital. Today, many people visit Antigua in awe, know for its little lively city surrounded by active volcanoes.
During our time in Antigua, we will camp on Volcano Acatenango, the third highest volcano in Central America. Aside from providing panoramic views of the entire region, Acatenango gives hikers a birds-eye-view of nearby (and very active) Volcano Fuego; which has been erupting on a near, and constant basis since colonial times. A perfect way to feel the power of the fire element, and face the challenges of life, a final cacao ceremony will be held on the summit, while watching lava erupting.
And last but not least, we will fill our hearts every other day with the ancient medicine of Cacao. This medicine has been used for thousands of years in Mayan culture for medicinal, spiritual and ceremonial purposes. The word cacao is literally translated as “heart blood“, emphasizing the importance the plant possesses in their culture. Cacao has been known to open hearts, but we’ll talk more about that later. It’s a beautiful journey to open the heart, meet our higher self, and deeply connect to both our true essence, and to those around us.
Are you ready to embark onto a transformational experience?
- Accommodation at Bamboo House, Private or Shared (depending on availability). The Bamboo House, located in Tzununa on Lake Atitlan, is a special eco house that honors the earth. It’s a magical hideout in nature, perfect to disconnect from the outside world, and reconnect with the self. They embody transformational experiences, permaculture ethics, and love.
- Accommodation in Antigua, a beautiful colonial town surrounded by active volcanos. Antigua is a lively yet low key city that has maintained its heritage; its full of shops, restaurants, museums and ruins.
- Overnight camping on Volcano Acatenango. On the roof of the third highest summit in Central America, we will have a birds eye view or even possibly hike a very active volcano, Volcano Fuego (fire). We will also have our final Cacao Ceremony at the summit, to reflect on the experience while watching lava erupt.
- A line-up of passionate, wellness facilitators from Lake Atitlan who will provide experiences to empower both the body and soul.
- Sessions include meditation, yoga (vinyasa, hatha, ashtanga, yin), sound healing, ecstatic dance, and reflective activities.
- Workshops include, mushroom cultivation, alchemy, and permaculture.
- Outdoor adventures include hiking, cliff jumping, rock climbing, camping, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- A traditional Mayan Fire Ceremony. As an ancient core ritual of the Mayans, a fire ceremony is held to honor the Mayan roots, remember stories of the land and carry on its tradition. Fire is a powerful and transformative element which will connect us to our essence. It is the Mayans’ way to create a portal for their prayers and words. This ceremony is an opportunity to pause and be grateful for our lives, and to visualize where we want to be.
- 3 heart-opening Cacao Ceremonies which all will be held with different facilitators. Read more about the sacred medicine of cacao below.
- Most meals are included. The food we will provide are fresh and organic, made with love to energize our bodies.
- Access to co-working spaces and fast Wifi.
- Land and boat transportation during the experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are a community organization that focuses on personal growth through different experiences. During the Guatemala Experience, we will meet holistic healers and adventurous souls that will take us on both an inner and outer journey. We will pick you up from Guatemala city airport, and take care of you until we drop you back to the airport. During this experience we will feed you clean, organic food that comes fresh from nearby farms; all while attending different classes and workshops to activate the Cacao medicine.
‘Remembering our Essence’ is not a touristic trip, it’s a transformational experience that you will never forget.
To enter Guatemala you must wear a mask and present evidence of either a COVID-19 vaccine completed at least two weeks before arrival or a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result within 72 hours prior.
Do you have a question?
Book a discovery call or send us an email on Info@oxadventure.com!